"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
~ Albus Dumbledore ~
Monday, February 25, 2008
6 weeks, 4 doctors visits, and 2 rounds of antibiotics later...
Ben is STILL sick! Yesterday, after another week sleepless nights, I'd had enough and dragged him back to Mercy... something had to be wrong, I mean how can you finish 2 rounds of antibiotics and still be this sick? His cough was getting worse, not better! Fortunately, we got a doctor who knew what he was doing this time, and was able to finally diagnose him correctly. Ben has... Pneumonia! Yup, makes sense now, huh? Apparently they were treating him for lesser infections and so of course, the antibiotics weren't doing anything but masking what was really going on while it was progressively getting worse. Grrr... Anyway, so now that we know whats really wrong, we have some super-drugs that *should* kick this nasty germ to the curb. Last night we FINALLY both got some decent rest, thanks to this wonderful cough medicine that knocked him out cold, it was GREAT! :) Ben will make a full recovery, although it might take a few weeks... but at least we're now on the right track!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Well no wonder he was so sick! I'm glad you're on the right track now.
I would resist saying "near death experiences," but it has been unpleasant to say the least.
Post a Comment