"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Half of me is happy and the other is sad!

Why? Well because this morning this happened:

Amidst the torrential rain and after a crazy game, Luis Suarez scored the winning goal for Uruguay, advancing my Charruas into the quarter-finals! Arriba mi Celeste!!!

However... this afternoon, this happened:

Yup, the US lost to Ghana... 2:1. It was a painful game to watch... It went into overtime tied at 1:1 but then (just like in the beginning of the first 1/2 of the game) we gave away an easy goal and then it was just torture... pure never-ending torture. *sigh*

I guess the only good thing about this is that had the USA won, that would have meant they would have been lined up to play Uruguay next week... Eeeek, what a conundrum. Who would I have cheered for harder? (For I would have cheered for both to be sure!) Guess I won't have to face that decision after all... phew!

No comments: