
Now that I am just weeks away from starting clinicals for my RN program, I am starting to see just how true that statement is. It's been about a year and 1/2 since Ben and I put a stop to all our fertility treatments and I embarked on this journey of acceptance. I knew it was what needed to be done after more than 3 years of pushing and pleading for something that was obviously not in God's plan for me right now. Giving up control and handing it all to The Lord has been one of the toughest trials in my life, but I have to say... what everyone tried to tell me is true. I just had to get back to living to realize it myself.
I still look forward to and yearn for motherhood, that is not a dream so lightly cast aside. I admit that certain days of the year are still a challenge for me, but its getting easier. I am grateful for the doors Heavenly Father is opening up for me that would more than likely have remained closed had I gotten what I wanted so many years ago. Some day I will be a mommy. It may not be exactly how I planned it (well, that's obvious by now!) or when I think would suit us best, but I have faith that someday it will happen. In the meanwhile I appreciate the time I have to grow and learn and prepare for that blessed event.
Below is a video that a dear friend shared and I thought I'd pass it along as well. I saw it just shortly after stumbling upon that quote (above) and it tied in quite nicely. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father and the strength He gives me to keep walking down this long road to motherhood. It's a comfort to know that I am never alone and help is always there when I need it.

4 comments:
alex - Love the quote you found. I found one before we started TTC and I was having other medical issues in my life. "The lesson is in the struggle, not in the victory" It seems to apply a lot when going through a very trying time. You always see how you've grown through a tough experience when you are on the other side of it.
You are going to be this awesome RN AND an awesome mommy!
Kim
funny, i hadn't even looked at your blog and i put the same video up! i couldn't get the code for the actual video though, just the link....
i love that quote. you are so amazing!!! when you do get the chance (and you will!) you are going to be the best mommy ever!!
Oh My Goodness.. I cried when I watch this video.... i SO needed it! YOU Are Awesome! I'm reposting this.....
you are amazing. Still think of you often, but don't catch up on your blog often enough.
Post a Comment