
There are just no words... seriously.
I stayed up until about 1am finishing the book last night. Part of me wished I could put it down, not read it quite so fast, wanting to make it last as long as possible... savor every page. It was impossible though... I took it with me everywhere yesterday, sneaking in a page or two every spare chance I got. My 5-9PM class was torture, but as our professor gives us breaks every hour, I spent them reading as much as I could then as well.
This woman is a genius. It's written in first person, which I know not very many people are a fan of (Ben being one of them), but for me- this is what makes these books so emotionally charged and poignant. The highs are higher and the lows are lower. The Hunger Games was horrific in so many aspects, but this book just takes it to a whole new level... emotionally, more so than "gruesome." It is also very politically charged, and while I personally hate anything to do with government and politics (as Ben can certainly testify to, seeing as I groan and moan about my stupid PoliSci class daily) reading these books has helped me to empathize with and understand how people can get so worked up about these issues. It has helped me to realize the dangers of apathy.
I definitely give this series 5 stars!!! I can't believe I'll have to wait until Fall of 2010 for the final installment of this trilogy to be released... If the cliffhanger was bad in The Hunger Games, this one is by far ten times worse... in both a good and bad way, it's hard to describe. Anyway... I highly recommend these books, they are... well, like I said before, there are just no words to do them justice. GO READ THEM... NOW! :)
"May the odds be ever in your favor!" ~ Effie Trinket
I stayed up until about 1am finishing the book last night. Part of me wished I could put it down, not read it quite so fast, wanting to make it last as long as possible... savor every page. It was impossible though... I took it with me everywhere yesterday, sneaking in a page or two every spare chance I got. My 5-9PM class was torture, but as our professor gives us breaks every hour, I spent them reading as much as I could then as well.
This woman is a genius. It's written in first person, which I know not very many people are a fan of (Ben being one of them), but for me- this is what makes these books so emotionally charged and poignant. The highs are higher and the lows are lower. The Hunger Games was horrific in so many aspects, but this book just takes it to a whole new level... emotionally, more so than "gruesome." It is also very politically charged, and while I personally hate anything to do with government and politics (as Ben can certainly testify to, seeing as I groan and moan about my stupid PoliSci class daily) reading these books has helped me to empathize with and understand how people can get so worked up about these issues. It has helped me to realize the dangers of apathy.
I definitely give this series 5 stars!!! I can't believe I'll have to wait until Fall of 2010 for the final installment of this trilogy to be released... If the cliffhanger was bad in The Hunger Games, this one is by far ten times worse... in both a good and bad way, it's hard to describe. Anyway... I highly recommend these books, they are... well, like I said before, there are just no words to do them justice. GO READ THEM... NOW! :)
"May the odds be ever in your favor!" ~ Effie Trinket

No comments:
Post a Comment