I just got home from school tonight and Ben was ready to tell me about this story. I hadn't even heard about it until now, and ironically it hasn't been spoken of in my Nursing class... hmm, I think I shall mention it tomorrow.
I am appalled. Absolutely 110% disgusted and beyond words with frustration for these 2 honorable nurses who were doing their job, that is protecting their patients!!! It is a sad day indeed when you lose you job, get thrown in jail and slapped with thousands of dollars of fines for following the Ethics Code of Nursing. There are laws that are supposed to protect nurses against reprecautions for whistle-blowing, but sadly enough, the DA in Kermit, TX believes he is above such laws (more info here).
As a future nurse, this is really disturbing to me. I will be following this closely and hope and pray justice prevails for these two nurses who were just doing their job and placing their patients' well being and safety above their own.
ARGH! GRR!!!

1 comment:
Well, at least they should have a nice wrongful termination suit to file.
Post a Comment