Last weekend Ben and I were treated to a wonderful night of wining & dining (except for the wining, of course... it was more soda-ing for us!) at a really posh restaurant downtown, courtesy of our job, The Hartford. Ben was one of the Excellency Award winners (yay Ben, good job babe!!!) and they held a dinner to honor them, complete with 5 courses of really yummy food! After all the food and pagentry, we were treated to a night at the Skirvin Hotel, a really old (but recently remodled) and famously "haunted" historic hotel here in OKC. Ben swears he heard the ghost baby crying that night, lol! Anyway, it was a great evening and the hotel was really nice! (Oh and Ben was kind enough to let me watch Twilight on PPV!!!) Here is a picture of us that evening:
Unfortunately for me, I woke up the next day with a horrendous migraine again (yeah, we still haven't been able to get those under control... it's getting really old) which of course lasted all weekend. That made getting all my homework/tests done a real BEAR! I managed, but ugh... not fun.
Then on Tuesday, things got a little crazy. The stinking weather decided to throw a curve ball and all of a sudden we were spending the day trying to survive a ridiculously early tornado outbreak. Five tornadoes on February 10th, that's just not normal! One of them smashed up some businesses down the road from where we work. Fortunately, The Hartford has a concrete reinforced safe room with these huge metal shutters that lock us in, nice and snug. We spent the majority of the afternoon in there until the worst of it had passed and they let us all go home early. There was quite a bit of destruction done to parts of the city and many homes. Fortunately, no one died... in OKC. I'm sure many of you saw on the news that a deadly EF4 tornado struck some small towns down in southern OK and did a lot of damage, and killed quite a few people. *sigh* I hate hearing these things. No one was expecting that many (much less that intense/dangerous) tornadoes this early in the season. Technically, we're not even IN tornado season yet, that's the freaky part!
Anyway, I have this ritual every year at the start of Tornado season, but the dang things beat me to it this time. Uh oh... might that be a bad omen?!?! Hmmm.... anywho, here goes, feel free to sing along everyone!
I looked out the window and what did I see?
An F5 tornado coming to destroy me!
Spring has brought me such a nice surprise!
F5 tornados right before my eyes!
I can go and hide in my "safe" bathroom,
But if it's an F5 I'll be dead soon!
I wish it weren't so,
But there seems to be,
An F5 tornado coming to destroy me!
So there, that was my week in a nutshell. Well, all that and my hectic training and all my schoolwork. Oh and Seminary, that too... You know, it really stinks being an adult sometimes... there is no such thing as a summer break to even look forward to! :/ Thank goodness for small diversions, like good books and blogs to escape to! :)

2 comments:
Please share this blog with your husband!
www.freedoms-fight.blogspot.com
your renditon of "Popcorn Popping" was hilarious! But I'm sure there's nothing funny about being in tornado weather. I'm sorry! I honestly don't know if I could survive there without having major anxiety.
Post a Comment