"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Joining the ranks of Larry The Stag!

This is my new friend, Larry. He is a stag. His job is to look pretty on the signs of The Hartford Insurance Co. nationwide. I will soon be seeing him every day as I walk in and out of... my NEW JOB!:)

That's right folks, I'm saying goodbye to eyeballs (and all the insurance that handles the care thereof) and saying hello to P&C lines of insurance, meaning auto/home/commercial, etc. As I mentioned in a previous post, I've decided to go back to school and unfortunately my current employment was not a good fit for the class schedule I'm going to have. Ben came up with the brilliant idea (really he's been trying to talk me into it for years) of having me apply to work with him at The Hartford, since he completed his BA and MBA while working there and they have been very flexible and helpful in that respect.

Yesterday I received my official offer from them, and of course, accepted. My 14 week long training starts January 26th, so I have just a little over a month left at my current job to get things wrapped up and train my replacement. I'm really sad to be leaving Bethany Eyecare, it has been an absolute wonderful place to work and I will miss everyone greatly. I'm very grateful though, for the doors that have been opened to us as I make this transition. I'll be working the same hours as Ben (after my training is complete) which is great! A significant increase in income will help tons towards tuition/books/supplies and paying off our debt. Dave Ramsey would be proud! :) So yeah, I'm pretty stoked!

Anyway, so that's Larry, and that's my new job. Hooray!

5 comments:

R* said...

Oh, Alex, Congratulations!!! I'm working in the same industry as you guys, now, and I think it's safe to say it's a little easier to balance work and non-work stuff.

Congratulations again! I'm proud of you!

Rach

Unknown said...

YEAH!!! Congrats Alex!!! That is wonderful!!!

Suz said...

I'm so excited for you! Glad you and Ben get to work the same schedule once the training is done. That means more time together...kind of!

Kimberly said...

YAY for more money and flexibility!! Congrats!

Kim

Laura Chapman said...

That's great news! Good luck going back to school and with the new job.