"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Friday, December 07, 2007

Dominick The Donkey

Oh its that time of year again, when we get to hear Christmas music 24/7 on most radio stations and well... pretty much everywhere else! I personally love it, I can't get enough of Christmas music! Its funny though, how some songs are so famous in some regions of the country while in other parts they have never been heard of. One such song (which is amongst my all time favorites!) is "Dominick The Donkey," by Lou Monte- an Italian singer back in the late 60's. (Lyrics here) No one here (in Oklahoma) has ever heard it and I've asked friends elsewhere and get the same blank stares. Of course, that probably has to do with the fact that I grew up in Brooklyn which is heavily populated by Italian immigrants! So... I feel the need to spread the love, because this is an AWESOME song. Incidentally, I found a music video to it... well, sort of. Some weird guys got dressed up and lip sang to it, but anyway, its hillarious. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Laura Chapman said...

That was weird...yet funny! Thanks for sharing your Brooklyn culture with us. :)