"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Monday, December 10, 2007

Ice Storm!

Well, typical of Oklahoma, we had a whopper of an ice storm! I wasn't too convinced that it was going to be as bad as they forcasted, but after spending almost 3 hours chiseling ice off my car... well, I take it back. I've always thought these ice storms were rather pretty, but something about spending 3 hours in the freezing rain (and I do mean rain... lots of it, it was absolutely POURING the entire time, but it froze pretty much on contact) battling the inch-and-some thick ice that covered my car... well, I don't think its so cool anymore. I had 3 layers of socks, pants, sweatshirts, etc and I still amanged to finish up completely soaked from head to foot.Oh and the kicker... the second I came in to get warm and change (yes, I was doing all this in preperation to get to work on time!) my phone rings... work was canceled... ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?! Argh!!! I mean its nice and all that I don't have to drive in all this, and I'm happy I got to warm up and rest after almost 3 grueling hours outside,but I mean COME ON! Talk about ironic... *sigh* Oh well, I guess its good that I got it off this morning rather than waiting for tomorrow when I'd most likely be battling 2+ inches rather than 1. Oh, and I had to move my car across the way because the tree that is right up front had some limbs that were hanging dangerously low, under the weight of all the ice. One of our neighbors was not so lucky to realize that in time and had a limb fall on his.
Here are some pics:


Pretty!

(1+ inch thick ice on my car) NOT so pretty!


Also pretty!


(Tree limb that fell on a neighbor's car) Also NOT so pretty!



3 comments:

Ben said...

Being late for work due to an ice storm... not so pretty.

The Tenney's said...

this is sad for you and i feel bad about it, BUT pictureing you scraping ice makes me giggle. i know that makes me a bad friend but i know, and i can picture very vividly what it looked like. also, i can picture your reaction when you got the phone call from work - more giggling. i love you Alex, and if i wasn't so privlidged to know you so well i wouldn't get to find joy in your misery. love you!

Anonymous said...

Alex! I found a link to your blog on Clark and Shannon's blog, and I was so excited. I thought you'd fallen out of my life forever. It's been fun reading and seeing what you've been up to. And my life will never be the same now that I've heard dominick the donkey. =) Our blog address is http://brianandemilie.blogspot.com/ if you ever get bored. Anyway, just thought you might want to know I'm stalking your blog now. =)