My goal that is... In my last post I set out to try and make it to my 6 week post-op with no more "new" problems. Its only a week away, how could that be so hard? Well, when you're Alex, I guess thats just a dumb question to ask, huh? I woke up this morning feeling a bit odd. Nothing huge, but just kind of sore all over, like I'd slept funny or something. As I was getting ready for Seminary, I realized that my scalp was particularly tender and it hurt to brush my hair. Then when I got to work I noticed it hurt when I reached up and scratched my neck. A few hours later, I was back at home for lunch and thought to myself, "Gee... my mouth sure does hurt!" as I chewed on my sandwich. You get the picture, right? As the day wore on, I started feeling more and more pain in more and more places. By 5:30 I was just one big ball of pain. All my muscles were seized up and tense, and I felt like I'd run a marathon or something. I got home and collapsed on the couch, unable to get comfy because every inch of me hurts to be touched... meaning just laying on the couch caused pain. Can you believe it hurt to blink?
I've been running a slight fever and Ben's theory is that since I've been on high-dose steroids (for that stupid rash!!!) that lower your defenses (it says so right on the label)I might have caught a bug. Mind you, I've been on high-dose antibiotics too (for the stupid infection!!!) but Ben was kind enough to point out that if the "bug" is a virus, all the antibiotics in the world wouldn't help. Makes sense, huh? So yeah, I've got some major aches and pains and a low-grade temp and feel like crawling in bed and sleeping for a month... or at least until that appt. next week. As long as the fever doesn't get out of control, I think I'm just going to let me body try and fight this one out... I'm so tired of pills and more pills.
Ok, my hands hurt... why am I still typing?

No comments:
Post a Comment