Oh if you could only see me right now... you can't so I'll take a moment to describe what is transpiring in this moment of utter shame. Remember that lady driving and smacking herself in the head? Yeah, thats me right now! *Smack!* Well, I guess it's been a while since I've come to check on my own blog. My excuse was that my life has been pretty boring as of late... well, until about 4 days ago when we almost burned down the house, but we'll get to that later. So yes, guilty as charged... I , Alex, have been neglectful and caused some major upheaval in the wonderful world of blogs. I will take this moment to publically appologize to my loyal fans (all 2 of them) for keeping them waiting and forcing them to sink as low as commenting on eachother's comments in order to provide some semblance of entertaining quality to my poor blog. (Wow, Clark you should get Suzanne to diagram that atrocity of a run-on sentence!)
Ok, so onto the juicy juiciness... WE ALMOST BURNED OUR HOUSE DOWN! Yah, see thats what I get for complaining about my life being boring and not having anything to blog about! A few days ago we had a big snowstorm and so we were making lots of fires in our lovely fireplace... Well, due to inclement weather, we were too lazy to take our ash bucket outside to dump it and began collecting our ashes in black trash bags... the NOT so Hefty kind... I know you are all shaking your heads here... yeah, that was oh-so-stupid of us, wasn't it? Well, of course one of those times the ashes were not all the way cooled off and were still, in fact, partly embers that had not cooled off entirely. The said ash/embers were placed in the bag and set on the hearth rug (fireproof my behind!) where they slowly but steadily began to melt everything they came in contact with... including the bag, the rug, and our carpet.
Hours later we noticed a distinct stench in the air... Upon further investigation we discovered to our dismay a very big HOLE. Yup, singed all the way down to the subfloor. Not a pretty site! (I'd post a picture but I can't yet... more on that later.)
What now? Well... we play "lets remodel!" We had always wanted to tile the area around the fireplace (for some reason having carpet by the fireplace always struck us as... hmm, unsafe?) and looks like we get to now! Ben is currently cutting and ripping up carpet in preperation for our tiling escapade 2 days from now. It's a long drawn out process it is... and guess what? Since I've been so neglectful, you all get to hear about it all... every step of the way! It will take me a few days to get the pictures up since the computer had to be disconnected and moved, but never fear... in the meanwhile you will be regailed with my descriptions of whats taking place each and every day. Are we excited???

2 comments:
Indubidably.
Hooray! We're glad to have you back in the blogging world.
Post a Comment