"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
~ Albus Dumbledore ~
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Step 2: Make a Mess
Mortar is messy... very, very messy. Word to the wise, NEVER mix it indoors! I suggested this to Ben, but did he listen? Of course not... so we ended up cleaning nasty sticky grey stuff off many a surface... including pants and shoes. Once that was under control, the fun began. During the day he busied himself measuring and cutting something called backerboard, which is cement gunk held together by this meshy tape stuff. Last night we got to mortar it down to the plywood floor and reinforce with screws and more mortar and that meshy tape. Very exciting, I tell you. It didn't take us very long and then began the long and arduous wait... I think thats the hardest part because we're on a roll and want to keep working, you know? But things have to dry and set, yadda, yadda, yadda. So we wait... but tiling begins TODAY! Too bad I'm here at work while Ben is having all the fun at home. Hmm... maybe I can do some of the grout tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment