I took the last of my finals Thursday and am officially DONE for the summer.... or what's left of it, right? I have my orientation this coming Wednesday so its finally starting to feel real that in less than a month I'm going to start my clinical rotations!!! I am beyond excited!!!
Everyone I've talked to(both at school and work) keeps giving me all these horror stories about how 1/2 the class flunks out after the first semester and that there were only 1 or 2 A's in the whole class(of 72 students). This has me worried... I survived Micro with my 4.0 unscathed and the fact that everyone is telling me to prepare to give that up is unsettling. Part of it is pride, I know... But at the same time I hate being told I can't accomplish something... what do they know, right? I've always found that I am my own worst critic... which is why when I ended up with a 99.96% in Micro part of me was too busy kicking myself (for being 0.04% away from a perfect grade) to realize, "You got a 99.96 in an insanely difficult 8 week (5 credit) class!!! BE HAPPY!"
So I guess I'll just have to work my hardest, hope for the best, but prepare myself to be humbled. That's my plan.

3 comments:
Yay, Alex!! Can't wait to hear about your clinicals.
You always were the smarty-pants in the group...haha! Good luck and have fun!
You're amazing! Keep us posted!
Post a Comment