Anyone know of a few good ones? I feel the need to read something that's NOT in the YA section!!! I've been drawn to the genre ever since Harry Potter & Twilight, and while I've thoroughly enjoyed many YA books as of late (The Hunger Games Series, Shiver, The Abhorsen Chronicles, etc) I'm itching for something a bit more... mature? Here's the thing though, one of the reasons I like YA books so much is that for the most part they are CLEAN. I don't have to worry about foul language or harlequin sex scenes. Every time I pick up a non-YA book I just can't seem to dodge at least one of those two things. I'm not very big on non-fiction either, so I'm just not having much luck...
Any suggestions?

5 comments:
Yeah, I'm drawing a blank. All non-YA books I read are non-fiction. Or they have too much language/sex.
Seriously, why can't someone write something decent for "older" adults?
Have you read the new Dan Brown? its a good one i thought. A little dark at times, but interesting and intriguing enough. Erin just let me borrow A Thousand Splendid Suns too - which was REALLY good, pretty darn sad at times, but so happy too. That was maybe the most adult book i have read in years.
I have written several book reviews on my blog. The latest: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.
I also suggest Life of Pi, any Jane Austen, and The Alchemist. All of these are "adult" books without being "adult." You are welcome to raid my own modest book collection any time. I have several books which meet these requirements.
Also, in my humble opinion, Dan Brown is a little below your reading level. While intriguing books, and definitely gripping story lines, I'm always left wondering why he is explaining to the readers things that they probably already know...
I've also read Guernsey and it's so good! Have you read the Shannon Hale books? Like Princess Acadamy? Still Young Adult, but it's so hard to find good stuff that isn't.
Post a Comment