"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Monday, November 13, 2006

*GASP!*

I almost died this morning.... yup, the world *almost* lost its snorting Alex! No, we didn't have a tornado... No, I wasn't crossing the street without looking both ways. No, I didn't even drop my hair drier in the tub with me (not that I take baths anyway). Want to know how I came inches from having my life snuffed out like a candle? Alright... here we go. "Please, I must ask you not to scream... " (Quick, name that movie!)
I woke up and jumped out of bed followed by my Sirius. As I reached the door to the hall, a strange sensation overtook me. A weird buzz in my head and then the world started spinning. because of the momentum, I had continued walking... clumsily approaching the stairways, with Sirius close behind me. Why I didn't just sit down at this point, I don't know... I wasn't really thinking, actually... the buzz, remeber? So Then I find myself half walking, half tumbling down the stairs but thankfully, I was able to hang onto the banister and steady myself. Sirius (sensing that I was in mortal peril) ran in front of me, just further down the stairs... willingly lending his body as a cushion to break my fall, lest I plummet to my untimely death.
Anticlimatically, however, I managed my way down the steps, passed Ben half not knowing what I was doing and sat down in the living room where I proceeded to put my head down by my knees, willing the world to stop spinning. Eventually it did... Sirius is my hero.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the time I jumped out of bed, but because I had been sleeping funny, both of my arms were completely asleep. With no arms to steady myself, I fell to the floor immediately. Had my bed been perched at the top of the stairs it would have been quite perilous.