"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Monday, May 09, 2011

My heart smiled!

Yesterday was Mother's Day, a holiday that has been a source pain for me for the past 5 years. It's a day I honestly dread because it reminds me (as do many other family centered holidays) that yet another year has gone by and we are still childless... it makes me wonder how many more of these I'll see.

Anywho, Nate and Tiff (BIL/SIL) invited us over for dinner after church, which is always yummy and this time was no different! ;) However, the awesome food wasn't the best part, it was what my little nephews did for me. Jackson (5) gave me a card and a bag of treats ( my favorite!) and my heart just melted. See for yourself:

And on the inside...
How cute is that?!?!

This totally made my day and as Jackson would say, "made my heart smile."  =)  I'm so grateful to have such awesome little munchkins to love on and laugh with and such a wonderful family that supports me and uplifts me so much. Thanks Nate & Tiff, you guys are the best! =)

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day! Moms, I hope you felt loved and appreciated, for you are doing a great work!!! I hope you got to rest and get pampered, heaven knows you all deserve it! (and not just on Mother's Day)

To my dear companions still on the road to Motherhood, I hope you also felt loved and appreciated for the difference you make in the lives of others, though they may not be your own... and I hope you were able to find some joy and beauty in this day, *hugs!*

And now a special mention... the day before Mother's Day is Birth Mother's Day. It's a day to remember and honor those special women than make the ultimate sacrifice for their little ones, that they might have a better life. Though we do not know her yet, our dreams will come true thanks to one of these brave, and selfless young women. To them I send my love and support for they are the unsung heroes of Mother's Day. Below is a song in their honor.



PS> LDS Family Services is putting our application packet in the mail to us today! We will be up to our eyeballs in paperwork this summer but I am SO excited!!!! =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys came over for dinner and enjoyed your gift! Jackson enjoyed drawing the picture for you and giving it to you :)

Shanny said...

Good to hear that you had a good Mothers Day. I was thinking about you.

Also. YOU ARE GETTING PAPERWORK?! THAT IS AWESOME! I've never been so excited over forms before ;)

Alex said...

Thanks Shannon! Did you have a good Mother's Day? I was thinking of you too, oddly enough! You know what they say about great minds, right? ;)

And YES, how exciting huh?!?! I got off the phone with them today and did the happy dance!

Suz said...

Good luck with all of the paperwork! I have a dear friend here in the same boat as ya'll. My heart goes out to all of you. Grateful to have you in the family!