
I'm tired of being such a blob. I gained so much weight during our 3+years of infertility treatments and have never gotten around to losing it! Ben and I have been discussing getting serious about weight loss this year and since going on crazy fad diets just doesn't appeal to me, I figured if I'm gonna lose weight it's going to be the old fashion way... working up a sweat! (From a dietary standpoint I am going to try to cut back on sugars... mainly soda since I refuse to drink anything diet because its nasty!) I used to run when I was younger and due to knee and back problems gave up on that source of exercise years ago. I think I mostly just gave into the fear of "re-injuring" myself and let that be my excuse. I'm ready to face my demons though and at least give it a try.
I have friends that are super buff marathon runners and while I give them kudos and would someday like to brag that I've been there, done that, I think it's best I start small. I heard about this nice and slow program designed to get couch potatoes off their bums and running again and figured it might be best to start there. Whether or not I someday make it to marathon runner status is beyond me, but for now my goal is to be able to run a 5K without keeling over dead!
And so begins my journey to fitness. I decided to post this so that I have some sense of accountability and this new found excitement doesn't go the way of the Dodo bird here in 2 weeks. The plan is to run 3x's /week according to my little schedule here. I'll be posting updates weekly, maybe more often depending how I'm doing. I plan to start this Wed. the 6th of January, so if my calculations are correct, I should be done and running 5K's by March.
Can I do it?!?! I hope so!!! ;)

5 comments:
Alex way to go..I have found that I have not had as many problems with my arthritis since I moved here and began exercising. Sounds like you have a good plan. John told me yesterday that he thinks I am in fact shrinking :)
I'm sure you can do it! 5K isn't too bad, even if you have to walk a bit. Try to do a few over the year...fall is really the best time to run (having done cross country in high school with the Oklahoma humidity). I also set a goal to lose weight and yet, I can't start on it for a few more months, instead I keep gaining...I guess it means little Dixie is growing as well. But I have faith in you! You can do it!
You can do it! You can do it! You do have a good plan :) Sending you my best wishes! Love you.
you can do it!
you go girl!
Post a Comment