I just got back from my first walk/run! It's 27* outside (feels like 18* w/ the wind chill factor) but I was determined. I decided to take Sirius along with me (hoping he'd keep me going) but he really just slowed me down, wanting to stop every 5 feet to smell something or mark his territory, grrr... I don't think I'll be taking him anymore.
I was hoping it would go better than it did. I walked a lot more than I ran, but I'm sure that as time progresses that will turn around. I'm just glad that I did it and I'm back at home where it's nice and warm and the wind isn't blowing. I'm exhausted but quite content with myself. :)

4 comments:
Hey, first time and you actually did some running?! That's great! Just start setting goals for running a certain distance...like down the street, then walk to a certain tree, then run again. As you get in better and better shape, you can extend the running and lessen the walking! I'm so proud of you!
Good for you, Alex! You'll be runnin' a 5K in no time. :)
Yay Alex, you are my inspiration :).
Alex walking is great exercise as well. I try to walk two miles when I go to the gym and then do arms or legs after. Keep it up.
Post a Comment