"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Friday, November 20, 2009

Refreakindiculously Fantabulous... Part 2!

(One of my favorite scenes)


Ok, so now that I'm rested and refreshed I can do this properly!

Last night was SO much fun! Ben and I went with one of my friends from work and her hubby. We saw Twilight at 9 and then stayed in the same theater for New Moon at midnight. I'm so glad we did the double movie thing because when we got there at 8:15 the line to get into the theater for the midnight showing of NM was all the way outside. Our theater is on the bottom floor of a big mall, so it spanned from one end of the mall to the other, up the stairs and then across the whole mall again and out the front entrances. Absolute pandemonium... again, SO glad we did the 2 movie thing because we just got to bi-pass the ginormous line and walk straight into the theater and to our seats. Phew!

Now, the movie: No worries, I'll keep it very general, sans spoilers!

W-O-W... Total night and day difference from Twilight. A gazillion trillion quintillion times better! I was afraid for this one because so much of Bella's anguish (central to the plot-line) is in her head so I wasn't sure how it was going to translate to the screen... especially the "October... November... December...January" part. It was absolutely perfect! They did such a great job at staying SO true to the book! Scene after scene I was surprised by all the stuff I thought they'd leave out but they didn't. The dialogue was word for word in about 90% of the movie, with the occasional funnies from some characters. Oh! Can I just say that Alice rocks!!!! By far some of the funniest stuff comes from her. Charlie steals the show again as well. Oh it was just all sorts of wonderful! Even Jacob, whom I tend to just barely tolerate (albeit grudgingly) wormed his way into my heart this time. Oh and Aro... WOW, absolutely spot on!

There were a few things that were odd and didn't work for me. Alice's wardrobe for one... um, what was that? Also her vision that she shows Aro to convince him that Bella will be turned. THAT was hilarious, even though it wasn't supposed to be... again, the wardrobe... and the frolicking... heehee. I have to say though, Sparkly Bella made me really excited for Breaking Dawn, she will be breathtaking! (Well, as long as they don't dress her in that stupid little frock she had on! I'd post a picture but it's funnier to experience it for yourself!) Also, Bella's screams during the nightmares... uh, she sounds more like a pig being slaughtered than anything else. :P

While there were just a tiny few deviations from the book and a couple of raised eyebrow moments, none of them were all that crazy, and they all flowed together with everything else just fine. I normally get hung up on those, but it's so minor this time that I'm cool with it. Now I need to figure out when I'm going to go see it again! Ben won't come along this time though, lol. Poor guy, what a trooper!

6 comments:

The Tenney's said...

you'll be sooooooo mad at me.....i haven't seen it yet! aagggghhhhhh! when the tickets went on sale Hailey was still waking up twice a night and having a hard time going back to sleep. so, i couldn't risk going nad and having Brian get up with her when he had to work the next day. of course now she sleeps through the night 12 hours. figures. i'm going tomorrow though and i can hardly stay in my britches!

Virgie said...

I LOVED it as well!! I was wondering what you were going to think of it. I thought the same thing about Aro, isn't he just PERFECT. Especially his voice when he's all "What do we do with you now"...He is so perfect. So glad you got to enjoy it, I also made DH go with me. I think he was 1 of about 4 other guys lol. Can't wait to see it again =D

Wes and Dani said...

LOL I went and saw it on Friday. I must admit, I LIKE Twilight, but I don't LOVE it. I DID however, LOVE the movie! SO much better than Twilight! SOOOOOOooo much better.

And I hear you on the Jacob situation...he is annoying as heck in the books...but Oh-So-Sexy in the movie! Ow-ow! ;)

And yes, what was with the FROCK?!?!

cheri said...

Hey Alex,

I absolutely loved New Moon and I completely second your assessment of the movie! I was soooo dissapointed with Twilight and I'm so pleased with New Moon. I am a die hard fan of Twilight so I can be really critical. Glad you had fun! Matt was only 1 of 2 men in the theater we were at, but he loves it and I'm glad he saw it with me.

Em said...

Yes, the frolicking in the meadow made me laugh out loud.

Sadly I didn't like this one as much as the first. I think it was the lack of music.

Tori Orgill said...

i loved it too! it was sooooo good!