"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Friday, August 07, 2009

As promised!

Here are some pics from my visit to Hilton Head, South Carolina!



I had an awesome time! It was SO good to see my family again, we hadn't all been together since 2005 and I hadn't even seen my parents since April of 2007. I got to meet my newest nephew, Alexander who is almost 2, and catch up with my oldest nephews, Elliot (14) and Douglas (12).

Some highlights:

* Goofing off at the pool with my boys and getting fried to a crisp!
* Spending time with my parents, chitchatting late at night in between them in bed like the old days.
* Teaching Lil Alex how to say "tia" (which means aunt) in Spanish!
* Eating my mom's good old homecooked meals... yuuuum, I miss that so much!
* Going to church with my daddy!
* Feeding, bathing, changing, and singing Lil Alex to sleep.
* Watching movies together.
* Spending hours translating jokes from English to Spanish and vice versa at mealtimes!
* Going to the beach... I miss the ocean!
* Getting stung by a jellyfish! OUCH!
* Taking a boat tour around Hilton Head and it's adjacent islands and the fireworks at the end!
* Watching "Tom the boat sheriff" arrest some dude for drinking and... boating?
* The dolphins! Almost close enough to touch, that was awesome!
* Hearing my brother snore... heehee!
* Playing with Kong, even though he bit me 4 times!
* Staying up talking with Elliot and Douglas (but mostly Elliot since Dougo passed out first) until the wee hours of the morning every night!

3 comments:

Suz said...

I'm glad you had so much fun! I'm sure it was trip way too long in the waiting! You'll have to clue me in to how you did the pic slide show since I am no good at that stuff but it would help me get my pics on my blog!

Wilson Family said...

Hi Alex!!! I love your blog and the music!! I'm so glad we got reconnected again! I added you to my friend's list. I hope you don't mind. I also sent you an invite to our blog. Hope you're doing wonderful!

Love,

Cynthia (Reyes) Wilson

Em said...

You figured out the picture thing! You look so gorgeous Alex! Looks like a fun time!