"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Friday, May 29, 2009

Today's pick me up

I'm home sick today due to a poorly timed fever and stomach bug. Three days prior to my surgery and I get sick? Seriously, this is just ridiculous. It's viral and so there is nothing they can give me to get me better by Monday, so I've been ordered to rest as much as I can and keep an eye on my temps. If I still have a fever on Sunday, my surgery is canceled. :( These past 6 weeks have been really rough and my countdown to Monday was pretty much the only thing that kept me going, so the thought of having to reschedule it is freaking me out. I have to admit... I'm pretty bummed out and on the verge of panic.

On the bright side, I found this just now which definitely cheered me up some! For those of you that are not familiar with New Moon, this is a pivotal scene in the book. For me, its the only part that makes New Moon worth the read, as I find the first 3/4 of it much too painful to get through. (Explanation of scene below)




Edward has run off to Italy to provoke the Volturi (the Vampire law enforcement- basically a royal vampire family that makes it their duty to keep their existence a secret. Anyone that threatens to expose them gets dealt with quickly) into killing him because he thinks Bella is dead. Overdramatic vampire that he is,Edward is planning on walking out into the Voltera Piazza (plaza) at noon when the sun is at it's highest point and take off his shirt in front of the townsfolk. (SM's vampires sparkle in the sunlight because their skin is like diamonds) Bella arrives just in time to sprint across the piazza, through the big fountain, and slams into Edward who thinks he's already dead and has just been reunited with Bella. She then forces him into the shadows so that no one notices his sparklies and the Volturi won't attack... except its too late. DUM DUM DUUUUUM! :) They don't actually kiss in the book when this happens, but I'll forgive them this little fudge. Oh, and those black dots all over RP have something to do with the CGI sparkle effect. At first I thought he'd grown a whole lot of moles all of a sudden, lol! Oh, I should add that the townsfolk are all in red cloaks because they are celebrating St.Marcus Day so they (and the town) are all decked out. Anyway... enjoy!

2 comments:

Shanny said...

I'm sorry you're sick. Think positive, healing thoughts. Positive, quick-healing thoughts!

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon!


Thanks for the scene, I love it!