"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Attack of the attic!

As many of you know, I am quite the accident-prone clutz. Always managing to hurt myself in the most unlikely of ways has become the norm for me. However, after almost 4 years of marriage, I think I'm starting to rub off on Ben. :)

Yesterday we were at his brother's house and they were working up in the attic, trying to re-route some cables. Ben is quite tall, and the attic is quite low... guess what happened? Yup, he stood up too fast and in a not-so-roomy part of the attic and bonked his head on a beam. This is what he has to show for it.

Being the manly-man that he is, he refused to be taken to the ER, despite the copious amount of blood dripping down his face. After 2 hours, however, I wore him down and pretty much dragged him kicking and screaming to the inevitable. Five staples and a tetanus shot later we were home again and Ben went to bed with a spliting headache... no pun intended. Next time he goes up there, I'm making him wear a helmet!

3 comments:

Linsey said...

oh no, that is not good. Maybe you and Ben should think about staying in for a while...just so we all know you will be safe. (hopefully)

The Tenney's said...

it looks like they didn't have to shave his head though! thats lucky. At least chicks dig scares huh!

Brad said...

Hey Alex, this is Elder Ross from the mission and yes, you were on the right blog. It was great to hear from you. Jen showed me the comment and asked me who you were and my immediate response was, "She was a Sister from my mission, and she was one of the best!" Nice names for the dogs! Somewhat of a Harry Potter fan are we? Okay okay, me too! Anyway, it was great to hear from you and I hope everything is going well.