So you know how I mentioned that my inscisions were starting to look "normal" again? Um... that wasn't entirely true, but I just didn't feel like going into detail at the time. In reality, I've been having some problems with these little suckers. First off, they were closed with surgical glue, and just my luck, I seem to be one of those rare cases where you're actually allergic to the adhesive. For two weeks now I've been battling a nasty rash around my belly button inscision and unfortunately the hydrocortisone has not helped much. More unfortunate still is the fact that now this lovely rash has spread to my other inscisions... grrr. Kowing that the glue is the culprit, I've been working on trying to get the stuff off a little at a time each day by soaking them in warm Epsom salt compresses. Today I managed to peel off the last of the glue that was covering my 2 side inscisions and what should have been relief quickly turned into horror when I realized that as the glue came off... my inscisions split open, *GASP*!!!
Um, I'm pretty good about keeping calm when I see blood on others, but when its coming from me, and more importantly, from surgical wounds... well, lets just say I wasn't a poster child for "staying cool, calm, and collected." The room started spinning, my legs turned to jelly, and all of a sudden I was on the floor... heehee, I almost passed out! I called Ben who came running upstairs and wisked me off to lay down for a bit while he tended to my inscisions. We tried some of those little butterfly strips, but they didn't work. In the end I settled for some plain bandaids. The bleeding has subsided and I am pretty sure I'll be just fine... just not a nice sight.

No comments:
Post a Comment