"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Not to toot my own horn or anything...

BUT man, I made one mean batch of garbanzo beans Monday night! We had some leftovers and decided to have something else last night and then finish up the leftovers tonight. However, all I've been thinking of since Monday night was those garbanzos... yesterday it was a struggle to not go in the fridge and eat them all up. This morning I just couldn't handle it anymore... they were calling out to me! I tried to just eat cereal, but to no avail, my tummy would not be appeased... and so, I did the unthinkable... cold garbanzo beans... for breakfast.... yuuuuuuuum! ;)

2 comments:

Shanny said...

How do you make garbanzo beans? Do you do something other than open a can?

Alex said...

Oh yes, I make a stew for them.... with meat and tomatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, bell peppers, potatoes, and some seasoning... then you serve it over rice! Yuuuuuuum... its a dish I ate a lot and loved while growing up. After a few attempts, I finally made a batch that could hold a candle to my mom's! ;)