Even spring break was ridiculously busy with school related stuff. However I did get to do 1 fun thing (with my nursing school buddies) during spring break... can you guess what that was?
![]() | ||
| Rachel (aka Effie Trinket), Me (aka Katniss Everdeen), and Whitney (aka Capitol Citizen) |
| My "Girl on Fire" nails! |
Ohhhhh yeah, we went to the midnight premier of The Hunger Games!!! It was GREAT! Rach and Whit were kind enough to humor me and dress up as well, what good sports! I'm kinda doomed next time around as I have been banned from "normal" people costumes and will probably end up as a crazy capitol citizen or worse yet... Katniss in her arena unitard? LOL I personally was hoping for her awesome smoking Mockingjay wedding gown, heck yeah! But we'll see...
Yes, I know I'm in my 30's now. No, I don't care. =)
Other than that, I've been pretty much dead to the world. But my hard work paid off and my 4.0 is still alive and kicking! Hooray! I have one more semester left before I graduate and am officially an RN!!! (Well, once I take and pass my boards, that is... small detail!) So time to live it up and enjoy my summer break, right??? Wooooohooooo????
NO :)
I am still 3 classes short for my RN to BSN program pre-reqs, so guess what I get to do this summer? Yup... more school. Statistics, Sociology, and a random humanities class (Comparative World Religions) will consume my summer, but alas, it will be worth it. This time next year I will be working as an RN and about to start my RN to BSN program at OU, so yeah... studying will never end for me, but what else would you expect from this super-nerd? I don't know what I'm going to do myself when I run out of classes/degrees to pursue... seriously.
Also to look forward to this summer is my 6 week externship at work! I will have an assigned preceptor (an RN mentor) to train me and whom I will shadow so that I can polish my skills. Who wants a Fooooooleeeeeeeeeey/NG tube/lab drawn etc??? MUAHAHAHAHAAAAA! (Once I graduate I will basically do the same thing as a Nurse Resident but for about 3 months before they set me loose, so this is kind of like getting a jump on that) I've got an awesome preceptor and I'm looking forward to learning A LOT this summer!!!
![]() |
| Who gives injections like THAT?!?! They obviously needed a longer externship/residency. And so did the speller! (you're) |



No comments:
Post a Comment