Rather than some long and boring travelogue I will share some pics and highlights of my trip. Ready? Let's go!
Shirley and I wore these shirts to the midnight Deathly Hallows showing! (A play on the Brittish "Keep Calm And Carry On" posters)
Waiting for the movie to start with our wands!!!
Oh, and did I mention we got mani/pedis beforehand? Yup, I sure did ask for Harry's scar!
On the N train on our way into the city for the Harry Potter Exhibition!
Shirley & Will (her awesome boyfriend!)
Mr.Weasley's flying Ford Anglia!
Lookie, we're at Hogwarts! ;) Sadly we were not allowed to take any pictures inside, which is a real shame because it was an a-ma-zing exhibit with all the real costumes and props from the movies. We even got to play quidditch with some real quaffles! Soooo much fun!!!
Pausing for a pic (like the tourists I used to hate so much) at Times Square!
... and another one by the Empire State Building!
So many subway stations were just plastered with Deathly Hallows posters, LOVED it!!!
We ate a lot back in Queens, home to some of the best food ever! Here we are outside a Uruguayan parillada (grill) and bakery. I think we consumed 5 lbs of dulce de leche filled treats each!
Outside a yummy Colombian bakery where I got my favorite childhood soda, Postobon Manzana!
Squirley enjoying a Colombian empanada!
Postobon and an alfajor, life can't get much better than this!
We also had some great food in Little Italy and Chinatown! Afterwards, we had the most amazing time doing an interactive LiveInTheater murder mystery called the 1873 Ryan Case. Basically you run around certain parts of the city (for us it was Chinatown/Little Italy) as "rookie cops" trying to solve a murder. You follow a map and are on the lookout for suspects and witnesses, all dressed in period costumes and in our case talking in thick Irish brogues. It was so much fun!!! After questioning them you return to HQ, are given time to discuss your findings, and the suspects/witnesses are all lined up for 2-3 more questions. Then you have to present your theory as to who did it, why, and how. Such a neat (and different) theater experience!!!
We drove through my old neighborhood in Queens. Maybe next time I'll brave the ghetto part of Brooklyn I lived in for my first 13 years!
Two blocks away, my stop on the 7 train.
The yummy treats I brought with me back home: Junior's Cheesecake (best in the city!), Uruguayan dulce de leche, and Colombian soda! Yuuuuuuummy!!!
All in all, a fantastic trip!!! We're hoping to be able to get together again next year (this time with Ben!) and hit up the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! My parents don't live very far from Orlando so we can have their house serve as HQ with DisneyWorld/Hogwarts an easy drive away! WOOT!
PS> My review of Deathly Hallows is forthcoming. I must go see it a second time before I give my definitive opinion. I still don't quite know just how I feel about the whole thing... I loooooved some parts, h-a-t-e-d many others. Striving for some cohesion of thoughts and feelings on this one. Stay tuned.
PS> My review of Deathly Hallows is forthcoming. I must go see it a second time before I give my definitive opinion. I still don't quite know just how I feel about the whole thing... I loooooved some parts, h-a-t-e-d many others. Striving for some cohesion of thoughts and feelings on this one. Stay tuned.

2 comments:
Completely jealous.
Hugs.
that looked like so much fun! and the food looked so yummy :)
Post a Comment