I have always been a procrastinator... always. "I work better under pressure" has been my lifelong excuse and while it has mostly proven to be correct, it sure does add a lot of unnecessary stress to my already hectic life! I was sure that going back to school for my RN as an "adult" (as in not straight out of high school as your typical college kid) would mean better study habits, including less procrastination. Thus far I have done well and kept my 4.0 since I stared back last year, but the procrastination is still a habit I have just not been able to shake.
This term I'm taking a Developmental Psych class and knew from the beginning that I'd have a 10 page paper due mid semester. I resolved to get it done early. I even emailed my professor asking for all the info a week into the semester so I could get a head start. I had all of spring break (last week) to make good on that promise to myself... but what did I do? Nothing... well, not nothing, I caught up on some sleep, worked several 12 hr shifts at the hospital, and well... slept some more. Oh, and enjoyed New Moon with all its extra features, interviews, deleted scenes, etc etc.
Where did that get me? Well, lets see... this paper is due on Monday. I also have a 4-5 page Chem Lab report due Monday. Oh, did I mention 2 tests that very same day as well? Yeah... lots of stuff snuck up on me and when I realized it yesterday at work, I just about had a cow. I have school today and YW's New Beginnings tonight. I work both tomorrow and Friday, so no time there either... This is going to be one LONG and not-so-relaxing weekend for Alex... oy!
*UPDATE- Saturday, March 27th*
I'm done with my 12 page paper, got a 95% on my Psych test, and finished my discussion post! Now its on to Chemistry... (Lab report, homework, and test on Monday)

1 comment:
John has a huge project due next week as well. Hes been working on it all week. Hang in there. Heavenly Father will help you
Post a Comment