"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Hello, my name is...

If you could be any fictional character, who would you pick and why? (This was the topic of a discussion the other day and I've found myself contemplating it for a while. Just thought it would be fun to hear others' thoughts on it as well!)

I couldn't pick just one of course, so here is my short list! (In no particular order because I can't decide who would win outright...)

1) Lucy Pevensie: When I was little I used to pray at night that I'd wake up and be in Narnia. I wanted to meet Mr.Tumnus and Aslan SO badly and have talking animal friends. Lucy stays in Narnia the longest and I loved that she got to heal people!

2) Elinor Dashwood: She has always been my favorite Jane Austen heroine. I thought it would be lots of fun to have her younger sisters (especially silly Marianne) and of course there is the matter of Edward Ferrars! I admit, I prefer him to Mr.Darcy!

3) Hermione Granger:How could I not want to be a wizard?!?! She just makes me laugh because she totally reminds me of myself when I was younger. It would be awesome to live in Harry's world and be part of Harry's life without having to BE Harry and go through all that crud. I'm not much for having the spotlight, but I'm cool with being the know-it-all sidekick! ;)

4) Arwen Undomiel: Simply because I think elves rock and would love to be pretty and graceful, speak a cool language and pull all that off with delicate pointy ears! Yup, I'm a dork I know.

5) Esme Cullen: Yes, that's right... Esme, not Bella. As much as I am all for Team Edward, he would really get on my nerves as a boyfriend. The whole tormented soul/overprotective thing would get really old, so yeah... not Bella. Alice is my favorite Cullen but I wouldn't want to BE her because then I couldn't enjoy her, so Esme is really the best option. She gets to be mom and (lovingly) boss everyone around, she's beautiful, and she's married to the hottest doctor on earth!

Speaking of my favorite veggie vamps, SM just announced that she is publishing a new book (more like a short story) this June, just shortly before the release of the movie Eclipse! It's the side story of Bree, the newborn, in Eclipse and how she came to be, etc. Exciting!!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome post... i don't think i have ever really thought of who else i would want to be... i do like your list though! i also agree with Esme, much better than Bella.. =) Take Care, You Rock!

The Tenney's said...

i love it! I think i would be Marianne Dashwood just because she wears her heart on her sleeve and even though it gets her heartbreak, she never hides who she is and ends up getting a dream beau in the end who loves everything about her!
also, i might be Ginny instead of Hermione because she gets to make out with lots of boys! ;)