"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Deathly Hallows

It is finished... Ben and I went to midnight release party Friday night and have since been eating, drinking, sleeping, living Harry Potter for a day and 1/2. Ben reached the goal first (of course, he always does) and now so have I. Out of respect for my fellow Potterheads (who I'm sure have been as locked up and isolated from the world as I, in order to avoid spoilers) I will not give any clues, hints, or teasers. I wish you all a spoiler-free journey through this amazing end to the most wonderous story ever written. Keep the Kleenexes handy and press forward even when all seems lost... Feel free to leave comments when you're done, but beware of spoilers if you haven't yet finished! I will start with my own, read at your own risk!

6 comments:

Alex said...

Hooray for the Boy Who LIVED!!! In the words of Peeves, "We did it, we bashed them, wee Potter's the one, And Voldy's gone moldy, so now let's have fun!" *Sigh* And let us not forget, a moment of silence for Mad-Eye, Dobby, Fred, Lupin, Tonks and all the other fallen warriors that helped Harry, Ron, and Hermione in their quest.

Shanny said...

It's such a wonderful book, and the perfect ending to a perfect story. You are so right about the need for tissues close, I was crying a lot at the end. And I've got to say that I just adore Neville - what a glorious moment when he killed Nagini!

Alex said...

I know, go Neville! That was awesome how he just became such a leader in Harry's absense, so fitting! And I loooooved that everyone got to destroy a Horcrux, not just Harry. Oh, and I feel so vindicated, finally... I just KNEW Snape had to be good!!! I refused to believe that Dumbledore had been hoddwinked by him! All the more humiliating for Voldermort, that poo-poo-head! I just loved how Harry stared calling him Tom Riddle, just Like Prof. Dumbledore used to...totally ticked him off and put him in his place, WOOHOO! And wasn't Kreatcher's turn-around pretty cool? Oh and poor little Dobby, I cried so hard... :`( Ahhh, there's just so much to say, it was the best book EVER!!!

Sabrina said...

I have to say I really liked the book, but I didn't love it. Total tear-jerker and lots of twists I didn't expect, but I was left with some wanting. I still maintain Prisoner of Azkaban was the best of the series. All in all though, it is the best series I have ever read, and I'll miss looking forward to more.

Anonymous said...

Alex, I have to say you make me want to go out and buy that book to read it myself. I haven't read any in the series. I'll read the first 5 for sure. I think it will ruin the movie to read book 6 and 7.

Alex said...

If I have brought just one person the magic of Harry into their lives, then my job is done! ;) (I would still read ALL the books though... the movies can't compare and then you have a false preconceived notion of what "should" and "shouldn't" happen that could ruin the true story for you!) Just my opinion though... to each his/her own! :P