Our trip was short but a nice change of pace! It did get down in the high 30's/low 40's overnight so we pretty much froze... well myself and the dogs anyway! We ended up putting Mini back in the car with some blankets and Sirius curled up between us and shivered all night long, poor thing! I don't think any of us got much sleep that night. =/ However, the smores were yummy, as well as the breakfast Ben cooked for us the next morning!!! Of course, by mid-day the temp had climbed back up and it was shaping up to be a beautiful day just as we were packing up and getting ready to leave... go figure!
Here are some pics and a video:
Getting the smores started!
Can I have some Dad?
Nummers!!!
The pups exploring and hoping for some bacon!
Yummy breakfast in the making!!!
Say freeze!
Finally here is a video... backstory, when Sirius was a puppy he had this odd habit of showing his displeasure with his food by burying it. He normally did this by covering it with his blankets. He would also always bring us his "peace offering" (in the form of a kibble or two, dropped in front of us) before finally eating! Anyway, he hasn't done this in ages... until that morning when we were all still half frozen. We think this was his way of saying, "That was NOT fun... and now you give me this?!?! I want some BACON people!!!"
Crazy dog! =)

3 comments:
How come I can't see your video? All I get is pink lines!
Looks like a fun (if cold) getaway! And the smores, especially, look delightful.
Shan,
I think I fixed it... It was because of the privacy setting, I believe. Whoopsie! =)
Yay! Now Ella can see your cute puppy and squeal with delight! :)
Post a Comment