Gosh, it's been a crazy weekend... can't believe it's taken me this long to do my movie review! Work, my back, and Sirius's injury (more on that later) took precedence. Oh well, here we go!
My sister-in-law and I went to the midnight showing last week and stood/sat in line for almost 5 hours. Thanks Tiff for keeping me company! ;) Was it worth the wait? HECK YEAH! Deathly Hallows (part 1) was absolutely, unequivocally, refreakingdiculously AMAZING!!! Every movie has, as expected, continued to get darker and scarier and this one was no exception. For me though, it had a different feel to it, definitely not a "kiddie" movie anymore... and not just because of the scary parts. I won't get scene specific here, but I cried, and laughed, and cried some more... It was intense, tender at times, and of course full of intermittent comic relief delivered superbly by the Grint and the Phelps twins!
Some things were added that weren't in the book and other things were left out... of course this happens in all book to movie adaptations, so it wasn't a huge deal for me. At times it bugged a bit, but it wasn't anything plot-altering. Many critics are harping on how "slow" it gets during the middle, as the trio wanders. HELLO, newsflash: That's how JK Rowling wrote it! I believe her intention was for us, as readers, to feel some of that sense of desperation and impatience alongside HarRonMione. I believe the movie accomplished just that. I wasn't bothered by it one bit. In fact, I felt that the wandering was rather quick and not as drawn out as in the book... but again, this is a movie and there are time constraints and all that mojo so oh well.
All in all, I give this movie 2 thumbs up and a great big smile! I LOVED it and cannot wait until next year to see the conclusion of this most beloved series!
So... now its your turn? What did you think? CAUTION: comments may not be spoiler free!


1 comment:
I agree with you. The traveling didn't feel too long and drawn out to me either. This movie was AMAZING!!!!!
Post a Comment